Draught Seal & Renovate Timber Sash Windows
Sash Window Specialist Draught Seal & Renovation Service Will Restore Your Windows to Full Functionality, With The Added Benefits That High Performance, Concealed Draught Seals Provide.
Sash Window Draught Proof & Renovate
Draught Proofing & Renovation is our core sash window repair & recondition service. It either stands alone or forms the foundation for more advanced window renovations to build upon. Installing effective draught seals into your existing sash windows is the best value for money service we offer. For many home owners draught sealing brings a substantial home improvement without the expense of double glazing. Our service provides a full recondition of the whole sash window, restoring full and proper functionality plus the installation of our high performance, concealed draught / draft seals. These low friction draught seals reduce the ingress of airborne noise, dust, draughts and other pollutants into your home. At Sash Window Specialist we understand the charm of traditional wooden windows which is why all of our work is designed to be as sympathetic as possible. Our draught seals are machined into the timber components to become an integral, practically invisible part of the window. Our Sash Window Draught Proof and Renovation Service is ideal for conservation areas and listed buildings.
“ …one of the best and least intrusive ways of achieving improved performance from windows in old buildings. This will considerably reduce heating bills and energy use… reduce noise and dust ingress… Most importantly, draught proofing does not damage the visual aesthetics of an old building.”
English Heritage Framing Opinions Campaign
Our Comprehensive Sash Window Draught Proof & Restore Service Includes:
- Restoration of the inner box surface
- Renewal of the sash cords with modern ‘everlasting’ cord.
- Balance and adjustment of the weighting mechanism, to ensure ease of operation.
- Replacement wooden beads fitted with integral draught seals
- Machining of the sashes to install integral draught seals
- Realignment of the sashes, as necessary
- Repair loose sash joints
- Servicing or replacement of the ironmongery
Benefits Of Draught Proof Sash Windows
- Primarily they seal the gaps where cold draughts enter, thereby improving the energy efficiency of your home & saving you money on heating bills.
- Being low friction draught seals enable free movement of the sash, yet are tight enough to eliminate intrusive rattles.
- Air borne noise, dust and other pollutants that are suspended within draughts are also greatly reduced.
'Invisible' Sash Window Draught Seals
Our Sash Window Draught Seal & Restoration Service will not alter the appearance of your period sash windows. The draught seals are practically invisible.
We have been using the same top quality British made draught seals for over 20 years. Brush draught seals are the best option for long life in a sliding sash window.
A Range of Security & Furniture Options
Various catches effectively bring the sashes into a locked position, however the screws holding these in place are small and these catches should not be considered an effective security measure. We have a range of sash window security options available. We also supply a wide range of sash window furniture, available in variety of finishes.