Timber Sash Windows – 2019 Australian Price Guide
Please remember that the renovation requirements of old wooden windows does vary. These ‘expect to pay prices’ are average costs but representative of the windows that we encounter everyday. Use the pricing here to calculate an approximate cost for your timber window renovation project or contact your local Sash Window Specialist branch for a site inspection & quote.
Our prices remain very competitive, at times even as much as 40% cheaper than our competitors. We manage to achieve this saving without cutting any corners on the quality of our workmanship in several ways;
- We have small locally operated branches with low overheads
- We only advertise on the internet
- We do not produce expensive glossy literature
- We have no salesperson fees
This pricing guide is applicable to residential properties, commercial renovation projects are priced on a case by case basis. We also repair other wood window types & wooden doors, contact us for a quote.
An inspection and quotation are free of charge and without obligation
How Much Does It Cost To Fix Timber Sliding Sash Windows?
Draught Seal & Overhaul a Sash Window.
- Discreet draught strips, machined into the window components
- Replacement “everlasting” sash cords (x4)
- Adjustment and service of the weighting mechanism
- Repair of any loose sash joints
- Refitting of the sashes
Expect to pay $495 Inc GST per window
Upgrading with Laminated Glass has many benefits including greatly reduced ultra violet (UV) light ingress; Grade A safety rating; Greatly improved security and noise reduction [over existing 3mm float glazing] .Expect to pay from $1000 per window including Sash Seal procedure.
Premium Quality: Replacement Double Glazed Sashes with Accoya Wood & Argon filled low E glazing units. From $1600 per sash window
Premium Quality Double Glazing: Replacement Double Glazed Sashes with Accoya Wood & Argon filled low E glazing units. P.O.A
Premium Quality – Accoya Wooden Frames with Integral Weather Seals. Double Glazed Sashes with Argon filled low E glazing units, supplied and fitted. P.O.A
A wide range of repairs are possible with timber windows and many that might initially appear to be beyond salvage have been restored to good working order.
- Replacement glazing from $90
- Smaller Repairs from $50
- Replacement Window Sill from $280
- Replace sash cords & lubricate pulleys to bottom sash. $150 per window
Replacement spiral balances (1 pair) from $145
All price estimates are per double hung sash window which comprises of 1 top sash & 1 bottom sash (as our logo).
Wooden Casement Window ~ Draught Seal Cost
Expect to pay price: £65 – £85 per opening light.
- Discreet weather strips, machined into the window components
- Repair of any loose joints
- Refitting of the casement
- Service the hinges