Att. Tag: Sash Window | Bay Window

Bay window is a generic term for all protruding window constructions, regardless of whether they run over one or multiple storeys.

In plan, the most frequently used shapes are isosceles trapezoid (which may be referred to as a canted bay window[1]) and rectangle. But other polygonal shapes with more than two corners are also common as are curved shapes. If a bay window is curved it may alternatively be called bow window.[2] Bay windows in a triangular shape with just one corner exist but are relatively rare.

A bay window supported by a corbel, bracket or similar is called an oriel window.

It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.