Reinstate Double Hung Sash Window after Louver Window Conversion
These Victorian Sash Windows had been converted to an ugly louver style in the centre aspect with fixed glazing panels to both sides of the bay window. Our Reinstate to double hung service reverts them back to a traditional box sash window, fully reactivated so now both the top and bottom sashes slide vertically as the Victorian joiners had intended.
Reinstate & Reactivate Process
- Strip out the louver & fixed pane conversion
- Repair the original box sash window frame.
- Install new pulley’s, as the originals had been smashed out
- Replace the weights
- Paint the inner faces of the box window frame
- Fit bespoke replacement timber sashes; Paint finished
- Slimline double glazed units
- Integral draught proofing built in
- Security stops, fitch catch & sash lifts
Reinstate work undertaken by Gary at Sash Window Specialist – South East Branch. Servicing London, Kent, Hampshire, Surrey, East Sussex & West Sussex