These Victorian Sash Windows had been converted to an ugly louver style in the centre aspect with fixed glazing panels to both sides of the bay window. We reinstated this to a traditional box sash window, fully reactivated so now both the top and bottom sashes slide vertically as the Victorian joiners had intended.
Reinstate & Reactivate Process
- Strip out the louver & fixed pane conversion
- Repair the original box sash window frame.
- Install new pulley’s, as the originals had been smashed out
- Replace the weights
- Paint the inner faces of the box window frame
- Fit bespoke replacement timber sashes; Paint finished
- Slimline double glazed units
- Integral draught proofing built in
- Security stops, fitch catch & sash lifts
London, Kent, Hampshire, Surrey, East & West Sussex